Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ronan Lucio <ro...@melim.com.br> on 2003/04/09 23:29:34 UTC

[users@httpd] PHP3 + PHP4

Hi All,

I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post this
question but didn't find the answer in the neither in
the documentation nor in php's web site.

I installed apache-1.3.27 and I'd like to support
PHP3 and PHP4.

Is there a way to do it in static mode (APACI)
or it's possible only in DSO mode (APXS)?

BTW, Is there a significant performance difference
between PHP installed as static and dinamic mode?

Thank's
Ronan

Re: [users@httpd] PHP3 + PHP4

Posted by George Schlossnagle <ge...@omniti.com>.
On Wednesday, April 9, 2003, at 05:29  PM, Ronan Lucio wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post this
> question but didn't find the answer in the neither in
> the documentation nor in php's web site.
>
> I installed apache-1.3.27 and I'd like to support
> PHP3 and PHP4.
>
> Is there a way to do it in static mode (APACI)
> or it's possible only in DSO mode (APXS)?

Both.  The README_INSTALL in your php source distribution has
instructions for both.

> BTW, Is there a significant performance difference
> between PHP installed as static and dinamic mode?

Not really noticeable for most applications.

RE: [users@httpd] PHP3 + PHP4

Posted by Remo Mattei <re...@italy1.com>.
Php 4 does support php 3 too.

Remo Mattei