Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by "Smith, Joshua D." <Jo...@gd-ais.com> on 2013/09/03 18:06:31 UTC

Accumulo with NameNode HA: UnknownHostException for dfs.nameservices

All-

I'm installing Accumulo 1.5 on CDH 4.3. I'm running Hadoop 2.0 (yarn) with High Availability (HA) for the NameNode. When I try to initialize Accumulo I get the following error message:

>sudo -u accumulo accumulo init

FATAL: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.net.UnknownHostException: mycluster
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.net.UnknownHostException: mycluster
at org.apache.hadoop.security.SecurityUtil.buildTokenService(SecurityUtil.java:414)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.NameNodeProxies.createNonHAProxy(NameNodeProzies.java:164)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.NameNodeProxies.createProxy(NameNodeProxies.java:129)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.<init>(DFSClient.java:448)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.<init>(DFSClient.java:410)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.initialize(DistributedFileSystem.java:128)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:2308)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.access$200(FileSystem.java:87)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.getInternal(FileSystem.java:2324)
at org.apache.accumulo.core.file.FileUtil.getFileSystem(FileUtil.java:550)
at org.apache.accumulo.server.util.Initialize.main(Initialize.java:485)

"mycluster" is from my hdfs-site.xml and is part of the HA configuration
<property>
<name>dfs.nameservices</name>
<value>mycluster</value>
</property>

It's not a hostname and I'm not sure why Accumulo would try to resolve it as if it was a hostname.

Any idea why I would get this error or why Accumulo would have trouble running on Hadoop 2.0 with HA?

Thanks,
Josh

RE: Accumulo with NameNode HA: UnknownHostException for dfs.nameservices

Posted by "Smith, Joshua D." <Jo...@gd-ais.com>.
That got me further.

I had to drop the 9000
<property>
     <name>instance.dfs.uri</name>
     <value>hdfs://namenodehostname.domain</value>
</property>

And then I was able to successfully run "accumulo init"

But when I ran bin/start-here.sh I got a similar error

INFO: Zookeeper connected and initialized, attempting to talk to HDFS
Thread "org.apache.accumulo.server.master.state.SetGoalState" died null
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invite(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at org.apache.accumulo.start.Main$1.run(Main.java:101)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.net.UnknownHostException: mycluster
at org.apache.hadoop.security.SecuirityUtil.buildTokenService(SecurityUtil.java:414)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.NameNodeProxies.createNonHAProxy(NameNodeProxies.java:164)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.NameNodeProxies.createProxy(NameNodeProxies.java:129)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.<init>(DFSClient.java:448)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.<init>(DFSClient.java:410)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.initialize(DistributedFileSystem.java:128)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:2308)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.access$200(FileSystem.java:87)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.getInternal(FileSystem.java:2342)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:2324)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(FileSystem.java351)
at org.apache.accumulo.server.Accumulo.isInSafeMode(Accumulo.java:218)
at org.apche.accumulo.server.Accumulo.waitforZookeeperAndHdfs(Accumulo.java:202)
at org.apache.accumulo.server.master.state.SetGoalState.main(SetGoalState.java:45)
... 6 more
Caused by: java.netUnknownHostException: mycluster
...21 more
Starting master on hostnameofmaster

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.
Try: