Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2008/10/09 11:58:23 UTC

[VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1 take 1

Ok, so there's been a lot of "next weeks" and rather than send out
another "i'll spin up binaries soon" I took a shot at some potential
release binaries.  We don't have to use these and can easily respin
for whatever reason.  But if everyone is ready and these binaries pass
inspection, we might just end up with a final release in a few days :)
Don't consider this a three day vote, but the beginning of the
wrapping up process as we typically end up respinning a couple times
before nailing it down.

Definitely keep in mind though that we can and should kick out a 3.1.1
within a month of this release, possibly even sooner if there is a
pressing need.

Maven 2 jars:

   http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/repo

Distro zips/tars:

   http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/3.1

Release notes:

   http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/3.1/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

Branch:

   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/branches/openejb-3.1/

Give them a good look over, kick the tires nice and hard :)

-David

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1 take 1

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1.

I have also tested the OpenEJB Eclipse WTP runtime in Ganymede against
this runtime and it appears to work fine.

Jon

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1 take 1

Posted by "Daniel S. Haischt" <da...@googlemail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1 take 1

Posted by Manu George <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

manu

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1 take 1

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Karan Singh Malhi

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1 take 1

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1 take 1

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1 take 1

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1 take 1

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Oct 13, 2008, at 11:24 AM, Henri Gomez wrote:

> I take a look at the assembly subdir to see how it's works.

Great, thanks!

> I notice a little typo in openejb-tomcat the two shell scripts
> (assembly.sh and try.sh) still reference 3.0-SNAPSHOT instead of
> 3.1-SNAPSHOT.
> Same problem in openejb-standalone/assembly.sh

Those are really just there for convenience and not a critical part of
the build.

-David

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1 take 1

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1 take 1

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
+1 from me pending the windows tests passing.

So far, I've tested the following:

OpenEJB Standalone
Tomcat 6.0.14
Tomcat 6.0.13
Tomcat 6.0.10
Tomcat 6.0.9
Tomcat 5.5.26
Tomcat 5.5.25
Tomcat 5.5.23
Tomcat 5.5.20

on the these platforms:

OSX JDK 1.5
OSX JDK 1.6
Linux JDK 1.5
Linux JDK 1.6

All looks good so far.

Test output and build.xml available here:  http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/

-David

[RESULT] OpenEJB 3.1

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
Vote passes with 8 +1s and no other votes.  Will publish the binaries!

Dain Sundstrom
Daniel S. Haischt
David Blevins
Jacek Laskowski
Jeff Genender
Jonathan Gallimore
Karan Malhi
Manu George

-David

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1 take 1

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
+1

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1 take 1

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
That's a good question. The plugin is pretty flexible about the version
string it finds in the OpenEJB jars in the lib folder, so it should work
with these binaries. I'll do a proper test over the weekend to be sure.

Jon

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1 take 1

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1 take 1

Posted by Alex Grönholm <al...@nextday.fi>.
Alex Grönholm kirjoitti:
> David Blevins kirjoitti:
>> Ok, so there's been a lot of "next weeks" and rather than send out
>> another "i'll spin up binaries soon" I took a shot at some potential
>> release binaries.  We don't have to use these and can easily respin
>> for whatever reason.  But if everyone is ready and these binaries
>> pass inspection, we might just end up with a final release in a few
>> days :) Don't consider this a three day vote, but the beginning of
>> the wrapping up process as we typically end up respinning a couple
>> times before nailing it down.
>>
>> Definitely keep in mind though that we can and should kick out a
>> 3.1.1 within a month of this release, possibly even sooner if there
>> is a pressing need.
>>
>> Maven 2 jars:
>>
>>   http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/repo
>>
>> Distro zips/tars:
>>
>>   http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/3.1
>>
>> Release notes:
>>
>>   http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/3.1/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>>
>> Branch:
>>
>>   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/branches/openejb-3.1/
>>
>> Give them a good look over, kick the tires nice and hard :)
>>
>> -David
>>
> The deployer still barfs on my EAR (we discussed about this). Long
> story short, there seems to be a bit of a problem with the class
> loader. I have a WAR inside the aforementioned EAR and a single
> servlet in it, but TempClassLoader can't find it and so throws a
> ClassNotFoundException. I humbly request this to be resolved before
> shipping 3.1.
False alarm -- it seems my WAR was incorrectly packaged (the servlet
class was in the wrong directory). Strangely it worked just fine on
JBoss. Nevertheless, my apologies.

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1 take 1

Posted by Alex Grönholm <al...@nextday.fi>.

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1 take 1

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
A note on the Geronimo front, we're definitely going to need a 3.1.1
for the upcoming G 2.2 release for TCK reasons.  So anything Geronimo-
related shouldn't be considered a show stopper as we'll have time to
fix any issues.

This is a good one to keep track of though.  We should file an issue
in the G jira (can move it later if we figure out the issue is openejb
related).

-David

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1 take 1

Posted by Manu George <ma...@gmail.com>.
Im not sure if this is a geronimo or openejb problem but restarting
the openejb configuration is giving me the following error.

Exception in thread "Multicast Discovery Agent Notifier"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/openejb/server/DiscoveryRegistry$ServiceRemovedTask
        at org.apache.openejb.server.DiscoveryRegistry.serviceRemoved(DiscoveryRegistry.java:129)
        at org.apache.openejb.server.discovery.MulticastDiscoveryAgent$Listener$2.run(MulticastDiscoveryAgent.java:418)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)