Posted to user@struts.apache.org by nodje <no...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/18 12:42:05 UTC

Struts2 autowiring null properties???

I'm facing an issue with Struts 2.0.14 where it would automatically wire a
new object instance for any null property.
I wasn't aware of this feature and it really comes as a surprise. At first I
wanted to disable it.
It comes from Xwork InstantiatingNullHandler:104
-->Object param = createObject(clazz, realTarget, propName, context);

This is conditional to a xwork.NullHandler.createNullObjects property in the
context.
I have unsuccessfully been trying to set that to OFF.
>From a couple of posts, this seem to be triggered by the SpringStruts
plugin, which we are using.

Now I'm wondering whether this is a *new* Struts2 feature and a best pratice
or if it happens incidentally when using the plugin.

thanks for any help.

Re: Struts2 autowiring null properties???

Posted by nodje <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

At the very least, it'd be very helpful if someone could at least tell me
how to turn off this auto creation of null object!!! Coz that's a real pain
to work with right now.
I don't want to have new Hibernate entities cerated out of nowhere, ie out
of control!!

please help!
-nodje