Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Mete Kural <me...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/21 01:15:51 UTC

SwitchAction not switching to default sub-app

Hello,

I'm very sorry for sending this mail to this group,
but I've been trying to get a hold on how to
effectively use these sub-apps but I'm confused about
how to switch between sub-apps still after reading the
few messages on the topic already in the archives.
There was no reply to my message to the struts-user
group and I thought maybe you the committers can
illuminate me in this topic.

I have two sub-apps in my web-app: default and
/catalog.

I added the switch action to my action-mappings in the
/catalog sub-app config file i.e.
struts-config-catalog.xml

<action path="/switch"
  type="org.apache.struts.actions.SwitchAction"/>

If I call the /switch action in the /catalog sub-app
it should switch to the default sub-app if the correct
parameters are given.

But when I type this in the address bar of the web
browser:

http://localhost/catalog/switch.do?prefix=&page=/

..I get the directory listing for the /catalog
directory with the first
line starting with "Directory Listing For /catalog/"
and then listing all the jsp files in my /catalog
directory.

Shouldn't it take me to the index page for the default
sup-app, i.e. /index.html (or the directory listing if
there is not welcome-file) ?

I set up the switch action in the default sub-app's
config file as well. When I type this in the address
bar of the browser:
http://localhost/switch.do?page=/&prefix=
It takes me to the index page for the default sub-app
as it should. But why not when I call the switch
action from the /catalog sub-app?

Are my parameters incorrect? I'm giving a zero-length
string prefix for the default sub-app and the URI "/"
for the index page. What do you think I'm doing wrong
here?

Peace,
Mete