Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Lata Kannan <la...@oracle.com> on 2017/03/05 10:57:48 UTC

Limit on number of keyspaces/tables

Hi

I just wanted to check if there is any known limit to the number of
keyspaces one can create in a Cassandra cluster? Alternatively is there
a max on the number of tables that can be created in a cluster?

--
Thanks
--lata

Re: Limit on number of keyspaces/tables

Posted by benjamin roth <br...@gmail.com>.
No seriously.

Am 05.03.2017 2:54 nachm. schrieb "Rakesh Kumar" <rakeshkumar464@outlook.com

Posted by Rakesh Kumar <ra...@outlook.com>.

Posted by benjamin roth <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lata Kannan <la...@oracle.com>.
Thanks much. I was reading up some docs on this out of academic interest
and came across a few posts on this at
http://grokbase.com/t/cassandra/user/14bs6tjxh5/keyspace-and-table-cf-limits,
but these discussions were about a couple of years back.  I was not sure
if something recent has been done in this space and hence this query.

Thanks

--lata

Posted by Vladimir Yudovin <vl...@winguzone.com>.
From source code and measurement.

Try to create a lot of tables with small write to each of them and monitor Java heap. Each table takes some more then 1M.

Best regards, Vladimir Yudovin,

Winguzone - Cloud Cassandra Hosting

---- On Sun, 05 Mar 2017 14:40:42 -0500 benjamin roth &lt;brstgt@gmail.com&gt; wrote ----

---- On Sun, 05 Mar 2017 05:57:48 -0500 Lata Kannan &lt;lata.kannan@oracle.com&gt; wrote ----