Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by NormW <no...@bocnet.com.au> on 2004/10/19 10:43:56 UTC

Mod_Proxy - proxy_ajp and proxy_http difference intended?

Greetings All,
Testing the Apache21 CVS using proxy_ajp and proxy_http:

When using proxy_ajp with the following configuration:

	<Proxy balancer://test1>
		BalancerMember  ajp://localhost:9009
	</Proxy>
	<Location /admin>
		ProxyPass balancer://test1
	</Location>

If I send a URL to the Apache of /admin, then '/admin' is forwarded to
Tomcat and the login page is displayed.

However, when using proxy_http with the following configuration:

	<Proxy balancer://test1>
		BalancerMember http://test.com.au:80
	</Proxy>
	<Location /manuald>
		ProxyPass balancer://test1
	</Location>

If I send a URL to the Apache of /manuald, then only '/' is forwarded to
the second Apache server in the GET. To get proxy_http to work correctly
I have change the configuration to:

	<Proxy balancer://test1>
		BalancerMember http://test.com.au:80
	</Proxy>
	<Location /manuald>
		ProxyPass balancer://test1/manuald
	</Location>

Curious if this difference in operation is intended?
Cheers,
Norm