Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Antoine PICOLET <an...@sagem.com> on 2004/09/30 15:33:11 UTC

[users@httpd] Is Apache listening on dynamic IP addresses ?

Hello all,

I would like to make sure of an Apache behavior, before taking it for
granted :

I have a platform whose IP addresses evolve constantly while Apache is
running : some are added, other removed, etc
I noticed that, using a directive like 'Listen *:80', Apache is always
listening on all the platform IP addresses, even if they evolve while it's
running, so that I can reach it immediately with a newly-created IP
address.
This behavior would be absolutely perfect for me. Is it really like that,
or am I mistaking (my tests could be broken, or maybe it works only a
certain number of time, or anything...) ?

Thank you

Re: [users@httpd] Is Apache listening on dynamic IP addresses ?

Posted by Aman Raheja <ar...@techquotes.com>.
If apache is listening on * you can add / remove IPs dynamically and it
will work with the new IP and not with old.
netstat shows it is listening on all IPs at port 80 - it means it !
Aman Raheja