Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Tiger Gui <ti...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/03 13:14:50 UTC

Roller mobile device template

Hi guys,

I have been using Roller for year, recently, i noticed that Shelan
Perera add Mobile Device template for Roller, i am very interested in
it. But i can not find it in Roller release v5.0, so, where can i get
it ? In fact, i am also interested to contribute something to Roller
as a GSoC project just like Shelan did in the last year.

Mobile Internet is developing rapidly, in China, there are more than
430 million people use mobile phone to travel in internet in 2011, and
this number will grow to 600 million  this year.

So i think we should keep improving Roller's mobile experience. For
example, supply succinct template for normal cell phone(such as
NOKIA), to shorten page load time. For IPhone/IPad users, we should
supply templates in Apple's style to improve the experience. We can
use User-Agent to decide different page template.

This is just my personal opinion, and expecting for your ideas, thank you.

------
Best Regards
Tiger Gui [tigergui1990@gmail.com]

Re: Roller mobile device template