Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Rana Bhattacharyya <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/18 06:50:28 UTC

Re: ftp server SSL

Hi,

    I think SFTP is FTP over SSH. It is not same as
using implicit or explicit FTP SSL connection. We have
not implemented SFTP. This is the reason the
connection was failing.

BTW, I have CCed the mail to the mailing lists. In
this way we can have other ideas from the developer
community.

Thanks,
Rana Bhattacharyya

--- "Alind.Mathur"

Re: ftp server SSL

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Rana Bhattacharyya wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>     I think SFTP is FTP over SSH. It is not same as
>> using implicit or explicit FTP SSL connection.
>

> It's not even.  SFTP (as opposed to implicit (ftps:) or explicit ftp:)
> is a binary protocol that doesn't even resemble ftp, it more closely
> resembles a client/server filesystem protocol.

Hit send to quickly... and yes, it's part of the SSH suite.

Re: ftp server SSL

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.