Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mario Moroni <mo...@email.it> on 2003/08/28 12:04:48 UTC

[ROOKIE] WebApp

I've downloaded Tomcat 4.1.27 (Win32)

in the root webapps I've created some folders:

myapp
myapp/WEB-INF
myapp/WEB-INF/classes

in myApp I've putted index.jsp. After a restart (necessary?) I can access
this page correctly.
I'd like to use myClass.class in index.jsp....

Where I should put this?
What I have to configure?

Thanks again

  Mario

Sponsor:
Scopri i cd di musica rilassante , zen e new age. Li trovi su www.regali.it
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=1496&d=28-8

RE: [ROOKIE] WebApp

Posted by Tom Lyle <to...@limehouse.co.uk>.
classes go in the myapp/WEB-INF/classes folder, but make sure that your
class files are in proper packages i.e
myapp/WEB-INF/classes/mypackage/myClass.class

to use this class in a jsp page you have to add an import statement to the
page like:
<%@ page language="java" import="mypackage.myClass" %>

Re: [ROOKIE] WebApp

Posted by "P.van Kemenade" <pi...@kw.nl>.
Hi

> I've downloaded Tomcat 4.1.27 (Win32)
>
> in the root webapps I've created some folders:
>
> myapp
> myapp/WEB-INF
> myapp/WEB-INF/classes
>
> in myApp I've putted index.jsp. After a restart (necessary?) I can
> access
> this page correctly.
> I'd like to use myClass.class in index.jsp....
>
> Where I should put this?
in WEB-INF/classes

> What I have to configure?
nothing. the class is recognized because it is there.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/appdev/deployment.html

goodluck
*-pike
======
The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL",
"SHALL NOT"  "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED",
"MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this document  are to be interpreted
as described in [RFC2119]