Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sloan Seaman <sl...@sgi.net> on 2003/07/01 17:21:48 UTC

Nested Tag

I'm trying to do a tree using the nested tags and I'm having some issues.

I've got a NodeBean (like the TreeBean in the monkey bean example) with the following:
 public NodeBean() {
  key="MonkeyTree";
  value="MonkeyTree";
  NodeBean n1 = new NodeBean("1", "1");
  NodeBean n2 = new NodeBean("2", "2");
  NodeBean n3 = new NodeBean("3", "3");
  NodeBean n4 = new NodeBean("4", "4");
  addChild(n1);
  n1.addChild(n3);
  addChild(n2);
  n2.addChild(n4);
 }

And my .jsp looks like:
<nested:form action="/testTree2.do">
 <jsp:include page="treeNode.jsp"/>
</nested:form>

and (treeNode.jsp):
<nested:root>
 <DL>
 <nested:iterate property="children">
  <DD><FONT size="-2">
  <nested:write property="ancestry">
  </FONT>
  <nested:writeNesting/>
   <jsp:include page="treeNode.jsp"/>
  </DD>
 </nested:iterate>
 </DL>
</nested:root>

But the output I get is:
  1 children[0]
    3 children[0].children[0]
  2 children[1]
    3 children[0].children[0]

You can see that node 2 is showing a the child of node 1 when it should (as in the java code) clearly be node 4.

Can anyone help me as to why this is happenning?  Is it a bug in the nested tag?

--
Sloan

http://www.messagelabs.com