Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Neil Blue <ne...@1spatial.com> on 2008/02/05 12:39:17 UTC

JAXWS and soap 1.2

Hello,

I am trying to get a jaxws service working, am having troubles with the
jaxws-calculator sample. I have built and deployed the aar  file using maven
after updating the pom to remove the SNAPSHOT versions.

I then add the aar file to the axis2/WEB-INF/services/ directory and also seem
to need to unpack the aar into axis2/WEB-INF/classes, to avoid a class not
found exception.

Then I have created a new client using:

wsdl2java.sh -uri http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/CalculatorService?wsdl
ant

---
import org.apache.axis2.jaxws.calculator.*;

public class CalcClient
{
    {
	CalculatorServiceStub stub = new CalculatorServiceStub();
	CalculatorServiceStub.Add add = new CalculatorServiceStub.Add();
	add.setValue1(1);
	add.setValue2(1);
	System.out.println(stub.add(add));
    }
}
---

Then compile the test client with a class path of:
 build/classes, AXIS2_HOME/lib/*.jar and the
build/lib/CalculatorService-test-client.jar

Then running the client with the same classpath I get the error:

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Incoming SOAP message
protocol is version 1.2, but endpoint is configured for SOAP 1.1
        at
org.apache.axis2.util.Utils.getInboundFaultFromMessageContext(Utils.java:486)
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.handleResponse(OutInAxisOperation.java:343)
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:389)
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInAxisOperation.java:211)
        at
org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:163)
        at
org.apache.axis2.jaxws.calculator.CalculatorServiceStub.add(CalculatorServiceStub.java:294)
        at CalcClient.main(CalcClient.java:11)

Can anyone help with this please or point me in the right direction. I am
guessing that I shouldn't need to unpack the aar to get this working?

Thanks
Neil