Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Seth Barber <se...@cyberis.net> on 1998/10/08 20:57:58 UTC

general/3165: DirectoryIndex, SetHandler and AddHandler don't work in tags

>Number:         3165
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       DirectoryIndex, SetHandler and AddHandler don't work in <Directory> tags
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        1.3.0
>Environment:
Linux bk 2.1.108 #2 SMP Thu Jul 2 13:12:08 PDT 1998 i586 unknown

Compiled with gcc version 2.7.2.3
We have a directory comprised mainly of cgi scripts that create dynamic web pages.  In Apache v1.2.6 we set the SetHandler cgi-script .cgi in the <Directory> tag as well as set DirectoryIndex index.cgi and have no problems running that.  However in Apache v.1.3.0 those commands did not work on a <Directory> level (I even tried AddHandler) but they did work on a global level.

What we got instead was the server generated direcory index instead of index.cgi and when we clicked on the index.cgi we got the file itself rather than the resulting output if it had been executed.
>How-To-Repeat:
Unfortunatly both our servers are production servers and I've had to "fix" the problem by issuing the commands on a global level instead.