Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Clint Wylie <cw...@apache.org> on 2019/08/01 23:38:30 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Druid (incubating) 0.15.1 [RC2]

Hi all,

I have created a build for Apache Druid (incubating) 0.15.1, release
candidate 2.

This is a bug fix release that includes important fixes for Apache
Zookeeper based segment loading, the Apache DataSketches (incubating)
extension, and much more. You can read the proposed release notes here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/issues/8191

The release candidate has been tagged in GitHub as
druid-0.15.1-incubating-rc2 (c698daab56a4b0612d6680b6359924653e938863),
available here:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/releases/tag/druid-0.15.1-incubating-rc2

The artifacts to be voted on are located here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/druid/0.15.1-incubating-rc2/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/cwylie.asc.

This key and the key of other committers can also be found in the project's
KEYS file here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/druid/KEYS

(If you are a committer, please feel free to add your own key to that file
by following the instructions in the file's header.)

Verify checksums:
diff <(shasum -a512 apache-druid-0.15.1-incubating-bin.tar.gz | cut -d ' '
-f1) <(cat apache-druid-0.15.1-incubating-bin.tar.gz.sha512 ; echo)

diff <(shasum -a512 apache-druid-0.15.1-incubating-src.tar.gz | cut -d ' '
-f1) <(cat apache-druid-0.15.1-incubating-src.tar.gz.sha512 ; echo)

Verify signatures:
gpg --verify apache-druid-0.15.1-incubating-bin.tar.gz.asc
apache-druid-0.15.1-incubating-bin.tar.gz

gpg --verify apache-druid-0.15.1-incubating-src.tar.gz.asc
apache-druid-0.15.1-incubating-src.tar.gz

Please review the proposed artifacts and vote. Note that Apache has
specific requirements that must be met before +1 binding votes can be cast
by PMC members. Please refer to the policy at
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#policy for more details.

As part of the validation process, the release artifacts can be generated
from source by running:
mvn clean install -Papache-release,dist

The RAT license check can be run from source by:
mvn apache-rat:check -Prat

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours. The vote will pass if a
majority of at least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

Once the vote has passed, the second stage vote will be called on the
Apache Incubator mailing list to get approval from the Incubator PMC.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Druid (incubating) 0.15.1
[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Thanks!

Apache Druid (incubating) is an effort undergoing incubation at The Apache
Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Apache Incubator. Incubation is
required of all newly accepted projects until a further review indicates
that the infrastructure, communications, and decision making process have
stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects. While
incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or
stability of the code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be
fully endorsed by the ASF.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Druid (incubating) 0.15.1 [RC2]

Posted by Gian Merlino <gi...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the report, we'll check it out.

Posted by Prashant Deva <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xavier Léauté <xa...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Gian Merlino <gi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Clint Wylie <cj...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the votes everyone! I think that is enough to call it and start
the IPMC vote.

Posted by David Lim <da...@apache.org>.
 +1 (binding)

Posted by Xavier Léauté <xa...@confluent.io>.
0- (binding)

Posted by Nishant Bangarwa <ni...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Gian Merlino <gi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Benedict Jin <as...@apache.org>.

> [...]
> majority of at least three +1 PMC votes are cast.
>
> Once the vote has passed, the second stage vote will be called on the
> Apache Incubator mailing list to get approval from the Incubator PMC.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Druid (incubating) 0.15.1
> [ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release
>
> Thanks!
>
> Apache Druid (incubating) is an effort undergoing incubation at The Apache
> Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Apache Incubator. Incubation is
> required of all newly accepted projects until a further review indicates
> that the infrastructure, communications, and decision making process have
> stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects. While
> incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or
> stability of the code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be

+1

Posted by Surekha Saharan <su...@imply.io>.
+1
src package:
- downloaded, verified signature and hash
- compiled source and ran unit tests
- ran integration tests
- ran RAT check
- checked LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER

bin package:
- downloaded, verified signature and hash
- ran quickstart batch and kafka ingestion tutorial

Posted by Jonathan Wei <jo...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Gian Merlino <gi...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)