Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@apache.org> on 2014/05/31 09:11:55 UTC

Re: Utilizing a slice for online migration

Hello Rick,
  Your post seems to be in rather poor taste for a open source developer.
Instead of encouraging users to use a module from  a project of which you
are a member and the module has been in operation for last four years and
have been successfully used by others, your answer seem to be: "Nobody uses
Slice, so do not bother". It is not only factually incorrect, it is
inappropriate.

-----
Pinaki Poddar
Chair, Apache OpenJPA Project

Re: Utilizing a slice for online migration

Posted by Rick Curtis <cu...@gmail.com>.
> Your post seems to be in rather poor taste for a open source developer.
I disagree as my post had the best interest of the developer in mind. From
my point of view, slice doesn't come up on the list very often and when it
does, there isn't anyone with experience to help. OpenJPA has very, very
few people supporting this community these days and I don't want to steer
people toward a feature that they won't get much/any help with. It sucks,
but that's the way it is.

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 2:11 AM, Pinaki Poddar <pp...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello Rick,
>   Your post seems to be in rather poor taste for a open source developer.
> Instead of encouraging users to use a module from  a project of which you
> are a member and the module has been in operation for last four years and
> have been successfully used by others, your answer seem to be: "Nobody uses
> Slice, so do not bother". It is not only factually incorrect, it is
> inappropriate.
>

> -----
> Pinaki Poddar
> Chair, Apache OpenJPA Project