Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by daniel ramagem <da...@ssaihq.com> on 2002/08/15 16:09:08 UTC

Re: Forum software (PHP or PERL cgi based) and Turbine integration

Why not stick to a Java-based forums software?  Try Jive from www.jivesoftware.com.  It used to be open-source but is now comercial.  But the licensing fees are pretty cheap.  And you get access to all of source code.  And I think it's *very* good forums software.

I have sucesfully integrated Jive with Turbine.  But it was *not* painless.  It involved considerable digging into the source and API.  But it can be done.

Daniel

| SSAI - Science Systems & Applications, Inc. |
|         DANIEL BLOOMFIELD RAMAGEM           |
|     Data Architect and Software Engineer    |
|             Earth Science Data              |
|          daniel_ramagem@ssaihq.com          |

Sent via the KillerWebMail system at mail2.ssaihq.com

Sent via the KillerWebMail system at mail2.ssaihq.com

Re: Forum software (PHP or PERL cgi based) and Turbine integration

Posted by Eliot <tu...@juxti.co.uk>.
On Thu, 15 Aug 2002 10:09:08 -0400
"daniel ramagem" <da...@ssaihq.com> wrote:

> I have sucesfully integrated Jive with Turbine.  But it was
> *not* painless.  It involved considerable digging into the
> source and API.  But it can be done.
>
> Daniel

Hi Daniel

What version of Jive did you integrate with Turbine?  I
read on the forums that the authentication system is now easily
pluggable - would like to know how much truth there is in this.

Eliot

aliasing turbine user in tdk 2.2b2

Posted by Carl Johan Ardbo <d9...@efd.lth.se>.
Hi,

I have run into a problem when extending turbine user.
I have a simple sollution that comes from an earlier posting for 2.2b1
http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg07569.htm

I removed email, first_name, last_name and added external_id to
turbine_user.

    <column name="USER_ID" required="true" primaryKey="true"
type="INTEGER"/>
    <column name="LOGIN_NAME" required="true" size="32" type="VARCHAR"/>
    <column name="EXTERNAL_ID" required="false" type="INTEGER"/>
    <column name="PASSWORD_VALUE" required="true" size="32"
type="VARCHAR"/>
    <column name="EMAIL"  required="false" size="99" type="VARCHAR"/>
    <column name="MODIFIED" type="TIMESTAMP"/>
    <column name="CREATED" type="TIMESTAMP"/>
    <column name="LAST_LOGIN" type="TIMESTAMP"/>
    <column name="OBJECTDATA" type="VARBINARY"/>
    <unique>
        <unique-column name="LOGIN_NAME"/>
        <unique-column name="EXTERNAL_ID"/>
    </unique>

In my project-schema.xml i have created a table mycommunity_user that
includes some extra attributes of a user. I want to map this to
turbine_user so I have made an alias to turbine_user.

   <column name="USER_ID" primaryKey="true" required="true"
type="INTEGER"/>

    <column name="USER_ID" primaryKey="true" required="true"
type="INTEGER"/>
    <column name="FIRST_NAME" size="255" type="VARCHAR"/>
    <column name="LAST_NAME" size="255" type="VARCHAR"/>
    <column name="STREET_ADDRESS" size="255" type="VARCHAR"/>
    <column name="CITY" size="255" type="VARCHAR"/>
    <column name="COUNTRY" size="255" type="VARCHAR"/>
    <column name="ZIP_CODE" size="255" type="VARCHAR"/>
    <column name="SEX" size="1" type="BOOLEANCHAR"/>
    <column name="DATE_OF_BIRTH"  type="DATE"/>

	<foreign-key foreignTable="MCP_USER" onDelete="cascade">
		<reference local="USER_ID" foreign="USER_ID"/>
	</foreign-key>

When I generate java classes from my xml-schema I get a one-to-many
relationship from MCPUser to MycommunityUser instead of the one-to-one I
want. Does anybody know how I can correct this?

Thanks
/carl

Re: Forum software (PHP or PERL cgi based) and Turbine integration

Posted by Eliot <tu...@juxti.co.uk>.
Cheers for the tip Daniel, I'll have a look into it - especially
if the licensing fees are attractive.  I'm still very interested
in hearing from anyone with experience of integrating Turbine
with PHP or PERL forum software though!
Eliot

Posted by Eliot <tu...@juxti.co.uk>.
On 16 Aug 2002 11:23:47 +0200
peter neubauer <pe...@yahoo.se> wrote:

> > I have sucesfully integrated Jive with Turbine.  But it was *not* painless.  It involved considerable digging into the source and API.  But it can be done.
> >
> Is there any tutorial/hints out there on the integration?

Try hanging around the forums at jivesoftware.com.

Eliot

Re: Forum software (PHP or PERL cgi based) and Turbine integration

Posted by Eliot Sykes <in...@juxti.co.uk>.
I had a look at jivesoftware.com and the developer
forum they have there.

It looks like the latest version of jive has a pluggable
authentication system - you'll just have to implement a few of
their interfaces to integrate with any existing authentication
system you have.

To find out how to integrate successfully I think your best bet
is to hang around the jive forums.

Eliot

Posted by Eliot Sykes <in...@juxti.co.uk>.
I had a look at jivesoftware.com and the developer
forum they have there.

It looks like the latest version of jive has a pluggable
authentication system - you'll just have to implement a few of
their interfaces to integrate with any existing authentication
system you have.

To find out how to integrate successfully I think your best bet
is to hang around the jive forums.

Eliot

PS. apologies if this is the 2nd time this post has appeared - I
had a prob with my mail client.

Posted by peter neubauer <pe...@yahoo.se>.
On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 16:09, daniel ramagem wrote:
> Why not stick to a Java-based forums software?  Try Jive from www.jivesoftware.com.  It used to be open-source but is now comercial.  But the licensing fees are pretty cheap.  And you get access to all of source code.  And I think it's *very* good forums software.
>
> I have sucesfully integrated Jive with Turbine.  But it was *not* painless.  It involved considerable digging into the source and API.  But it can be done.

Is there any tutorial/hints out there on the integration?

regards Peter