Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by youpeng yang <st...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/10 14:18:59 UTC

Permission denied

Hi All

   I am trying the ambari.the installaion goes well.
   I get stuck with the registration when it comes up the error log
    Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).

  Also check the /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log .

    INFO:root:BootStrapping hosts ['192.168.1.150']using
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_server cluster primary OS: redhat6
with user 'root' sshKey File /var/run/ambari-server/bootstrap/1/sshKey
password File null using tmp dir /var/run/ambari-server/bootstrap/1 ambari:
Hadoop; ambari version: 1.3.0
    INFO:root:Running scp command scp -o ConnectTimeout=60 -o BatchMode=yes
-o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -i /var/run/ambari-server/bootstrap/1/sshKey
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_server/os_type_check.sh
root@192.168.1.150:/tmp/os_type_check1376134137.sh
INFO:root:scp
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_server/os_type_check.sh done for
host 192.168.1.150, exitcode=1

   According to the above log, it will copy the os_type_check.sh to
root@192.168.1.150 through scp.
   However,  the scp  i option  needs the identity_file
-/var/run/ambari-server/bootstrap/1/sshKey , the sshKey does not exist
under the directory  /var/run/ambari-server/bootstrap/1/.

  So My question is :Why the sshKey does not exist., I pass the ssh Private
key the Web page localhost:8080/#/installer/step2
, but it is not used as the sshKey which I suppose that.
     How to fix the error?

Regards

Re: Permission denied

Posted by Chadwick Banning <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Youpeng,

You could also just generate the key as the root user on your Ambari server
and then authorize that key on each of the nodes.  You would then paste
that private key in for each deployed node.

Re: Permission denied

Posted by Siddharth Wagle <sw...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Youpeng,

Fwd: Permission denied

Posted by youpeng yang <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi All

Re: Permission denied

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Your question about not able to find
/var/run/ambari-server/bootstrap/*/sshKey...
This is by design.  After Ambari uses it to connect to the target hosts, it
is deleted as we don't want to keep the private key on the Ambari server.
If you "ls" the bootstrap folder _while_ bootstrap is in progress, you will
see the sshKey file that you uploaded via the Web UI.

Yusaku