Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by cwyou <r9...@csie.ntu.edu.tw> on 2004/03/22 14:24:46 UTC

Why Geronimo need j2sdk instead of j2re?

I try to put geronimo onto ipaq.
However, it needs j2sdk.
Ipaq only has j2re 1.3.1 (more latest version), without j2sdk.
Why Geronimo need to use j2sdk to run it?
What library does it use?
Is there any way to only use j2re to run it?

Thanks a lot...

Re: Why Geronimo need j2sdk instead of j2re?

Posted by "Brendan W.McAdams" <bm...@sluggy.com>.
You will obviously need the j2sdk in order to compile the system.  The
J2RE MAY work to run an already compiled system as there shouldn't be
any runtime libraries which exist solely in the SDK.

HOWEVER, Geronimo requires java 1.4+ and will not function on lower
versions such as 1.3.1.  You will need to get a newer runtime for your
iPaq.