Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/21 10:10:16 UTC

[wicket 8.0.0 m8][pax wicket] wicket core, imports junit.framework in manifest breaking OSGI compability

Hi Guys

This makes the build incompatible with OSGI, since it forces the OSGI
container to provide junit and hamcrest..

M8 apparently exports some junit packages, but not junit.framework, im not
sure why junit package should be exported by wicket?

M7 HAS a lot of imports and exports, the import on junit.framework first
appears here..

M6 have no imports or exports in the manifest. Seems something changed to
the manifest generation

M5 seems not to have the issue...

There's a notion that its provided because of wicket tester in the pom?

We are currently trying to test Wicket 8 out with pax wicket, this is
stopping us from proceeding..

Any hints on when a fixed snapshot will be available (hopefully assuming
this can be fixed)?

--
Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
Nino Martinez

Re: [wicket 8.0.0 m8][pax wicket] wicket core, imports junit.framework in manifest breaking OSGI compability

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

The fact that two OSGi users suggest different solutions makes me think the
problem will be replaced with another one :-/

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.