Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Suzanne Shockley <Su...@SSCOOP.COM> on 2008/04/28 17:15:34 UTC

hotbackup.py on Windows server

Does anybody have steps to get a hotbackup.py running on a Windows server?  I need steps A to Z.   Thanks!

This message, including files attached to it, may contain confidential information that is intended only for the use of the ADDRESSEE(S) named above.  If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of information contained in this message, or the taking of any action in reliance upon the information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, and delete the message and attachments from your system.  Thank you.

Re: hotbackup.py on Windows server

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
eg wrote:
> David Glasser wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Suzanne Shockley
>> <Su...@sscoop.com> wrote:
>>> Does anybody have steps to get a hotbackup.py running on a Windows
>>> server?  I need steps A to Z.   Thanks!

>> question.
>>

> Replying on users list:
>
> Assuming you have SVN already installed and running;
>
> - Install the svn python bindings onto the server. The bindings version
> should correspond to your version of svn.

You don't need the Subversion Python bindings to run hotbackup.py, it doesn't
use them.

$ grep '^ *import' tools/backup/hot-backup.py.in
import sys, os, getopt, stat, string, re, time, shutil
   import subprocess
       import tarfile
       import zipfile

Regards,
Blair

Re: hotbackup.py on Windows server

Posted by eg <eg...@gmail.com>.
David Glasser wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Suzanne Shockley
> <Su...@sscoop.com> wrote:
>> Does anybody have steps to get a hotbackup.py running on a Windows server?  I need steps A to Z.   Thanks!

Replying on users list:

Assuming you have SVN already installed and running;

- Install the svn python bindings onto the server. The bindings version
should correspond to your version of svn.

- Get the copy of hot-backup.py.in from tools\backup and copy it to
where you want to execute it from (server side) and change the name to
hot-backup.py

- Edit hot-backup.py and change the following:
a) shebang line (optional)

b) Change the occurences of @SVN_BINDIR@ to point to the bin directory
of your subversion installation

c) Edit the num_backups variable to the desired number of backups you
want to keep around (optional).

- Now you should be able to run the program.

Re: hotbackup.py on Windows server

Posted by David Glasser <gl...@davidglasser.net>.
<Su...@sscoop.com> wrote:
> Does anybody have steps to get a hotbackup.py running on a Windows server?  I need steps A to Z.   Thanks!

--dave

--
David Glasser | glasser@davidglasser.net | http://www.davidglasser.net/