Posted to users@maven.apache.org by li pan <pu...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/30 10:02:39 UTC

which locales are supported by maven-site-plugin?

Hi, I am tring to build document with  maven-site-plugin. I am using maven
2.0.2
The documents of maven says that if I want to build a fr verion, what I need
is a fr directory, site_fr.xml, and add "fr" to the <locales> of pom
Yes, it works.
But I tried other locales like cn ja de, and none works(I havn't write a
site_cn.xml, I just copy from the en version), the stack looks like:
java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name
site-plugin,
 locale de
        at org.codehaus.plexus.i18n.DefaultI18N.cacheBundle(DefaultI18N.java
:390
)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.i18n.DefaultI18N.getBundle(DefaultI18N.java
:153)
        at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.initLocalesList(
SiteMojo.java:
482)
        at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.execute(SiteMojo.java:244)
what have I done wrong?
Thanks!

Re: which locales are supported by maven-site-plugin?

Posted by li pan <pu...@gmail.com>.
Indeed, there is zh-cn bundles in snapshot.
I have looked at it and other bunderls, it seems that they only contain
translated strings.
How does maven choose the right character encoding of a site? There isn't a
encoding property of APT format, and there are more than two types of
encodings two encode cn characters.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Here's doxia 1.8-alpha-8-SNAPSHOT:
http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/doxia/doxia/1.0-alpha-8-SNAPSHOT/

And here's maven-site-plugin 2.0-SNAPSHOT:
http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-site-plugin/2.0-SNAPSHOT/

Add both repos to your pom.xml and proper dependencies and it should
figure it out, I'll assume. (I haven't tried myself before sending
this, but there's no reason it shouldn't work.)

As for the request for a new verison, you'll have to take that up with
the maven-site-plugin dev(s). Perhaps a little JIRA issue voting or
direct email would be sufficient to generate interest in that group?
Not sure who owns it, and not sure what their release schedule looks
like...

Wayne

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by li pan <pu...@gmail.com>.