Posted to users@maven.apache.org by fr...@tolina.de on 2012/04/17 15:18:09 UTC

What good is checkModificationExcludeList for release:prepare?

I'm using the release plugin for tagging and branching on CVS projects.
Certain user-specific property files should not be taggeg nor branched, so
I defined checkModificationExcludeList for the release plugin.
This passes the first modification check well, but when it comes to
tagging by scm plugin, maven produces an error

Provider message:
The cvs tag command failed.
Command output:
cvs tag: developer.properties is locally modified
cvs [tag aborted]: correct the above errors first!

        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(
MojoExecutor.java:213)

So am I doing anything wrong or ist the ignore-option useless in
combination with tagging/branching? Can anyone explain the sense of this
option?

Kind regards

Frank

Re: What good is checkModificationExcludeList for release:prepare?

Posted by Robert Scholte <ap...@sourcegrounds.com>.
Hi,

How did you define checkModificationExcludeList?

-Robert