Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Brian Murray <br...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/08 22:26:26 UTC

UnsupportedClassVersionError from sca/itest

I'm seeing an UnsupportedClassVersoinError when I attempt to run the tests
in sca/itest.  Has anybody seen something similar?  (I have revision
563991.)

The result is the same whether I attempt to execute mvn from sca/itest or
import the project into Eclipse and Run As Junit Test.  (I imported into
Eclipse as a first trouble shooting measure - I attempted to get around the
problem by altering the Java Compiler version for the project.)

Some parts of the build are pulled in from repositories.  Is it possible
that some of those parts were built with an unsuitable version of Java?

_________
[INFO] Surefire report directory:
C:\shonuff\SDO\SourceTrees\Tuscany563514\sca\odules\interface\target\surefire-reports
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireExecutionException:
(org/apache/tuscan/sca/interfacedef/impl/ContractCompatibilityTestCase) bad
major version at offst=6; nested exception is
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
(org/apache/tucany/sca/interfacedef/impl/ContractCompatibilityTestCase) bad
major version at offset=6
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
(org/apache/tuscany/sca/interfacedef/iml/ContractCompatibilityTestCase) bad
major version at offset=6
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassImpl(Native Method)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(
SecureClassLoader.java:18)