Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> on 2003/07/28 23:16:52 UTC

Release notes (ALL COMMITTERS PLEASE READ)

Hey guys I put up the pre3 release but I'm having trouble putting together
the release notes, can you reply to this email with a short list of what
fixes/additions you've checked in to REL_2 branch since pre2?

Thanks,

Andy
--
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

Re: Release notes (ALL COMMITTERS PLEASE READ)

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
ACK.  Thank you, Rainer.

-Andy

--

Posted by ra...@gmx.de.
> Hey guys I put up the pre3 release but I'm having trouble putting together
> the release notes, can you reply to this email with a short list of what
> fixes/additions you've checked in to REL_2 branch since pre2?

HPSF is now able to read properties which are given in the property set
stream
but which don't have a value ("variant" type VT_EMPTY). The getXXX() methods
of the PropertySet class return null if their return type is a reference
(like a string)
or 0 if the return type is numeric. Details about the return types and about
how
to distinguish between a property value of zero and a property value that is
not present can be found in the API documentation.

Best regards
Rainer Klute

--
                  RAINER KLUTE IT-CONSULTING GMBH
Dipl.-Inform.

Re: Release notes (ALL COMMITTERS PLEASE READ)

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@apache.org>.
Changelog in REL_2_BRANCH since 13July (which is when i think the pre2
release was cut?)