Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com> on 2010/04/22 17:59:04 UTC

second rev of 10.6 release notes now ready for review

Thanks for your comments on the first draft of the 10.6.1 release notes.
I hope that I have addressed your issues. The second draft is now ready
for review. You can view the second draft here:
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/code/trunk/RELEASE-NOTES.html?view=co

Please let me know how I can improve these release notes. I will
regenerate the release notes at the last minute on Monday as part of
building the first release candidate.

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: second rev of 10.6 release notes now ready for review

Posted by Kim Haase <ca...@oracle.com>.
The release notes look fine now from the documentation perspective.
Thanks for the fixes! +1

Kim

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> On 04/22/10 17:59, Rick Hillegas wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your comments on the first draft of the 10.6.1 release notes.
>> I hope that I have addressed your issues. The second draft is now ready
>> for review. You can view the second draft here:
>> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/code/trunk/RELEASE-NOTES.html?view=co
>>

> Hi Rick,
>
> The release notes look good to me. I only noticed one tiny issue: In the
> list of fixed bugs, some special characters are displayed as HTML escape
> sequences. Examples:
>
> DERBY-4604 - (...) weme6.2/1.4.2. &amp; Sun's 1.4.2
> DERBY-4602 - 10 failures &amp; 11 errors
> DERBY-4460 - (...) expected:&lt;1&gt; but was:&lt;2&gt;

Thanks Knut. I don't know what the problem is. I can't find any garbling
logic in the release notes generator. I have corrected these problems by
editing the summary lines for those bugs in JIRA. The latest version of
the release notes should look better:

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.

--
Knut Anders