Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org> on 2015/07/09 16:49:07 UTC

Re: Brand new Bigtop AWS account

Sorry I didn't make it clear at the first place.
What I really want to ask is whether we need to have all the smoke
tests/integration tests to be tested and passed before we roll out 1.0.
For example, there might be 2 or 3 failed test in hadoop integration test.
But failed task doesn't mean that the component really has problems.
May I know what did we do in 0.8 release?

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
I was just answering the question of "do all tests need to pass for release"... Imo not really :).

The issue number for hive tests? That was an issue in the past https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/BIGTOP-1450 fixed it .

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Jay,

What's the JIRA Issue number?

Olaf

> Am 10.07.2015 um 23:30 schrieb Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>:
>
> My thought is no. Hive tests were broken in 0.8 and we released hive.  We continue evolving on head so it's ok. But in pretty lax about this stuff
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jul 9, 2015, at 10:49 AM, Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry I didn't make it clear at the first place.
>> What I really want to ask is whether we need to have all the smoke
>> tests/integration tests to be tested and passed before we roll out 1.0.
>> For example, there might be 2 or 3 failed test in hadoop integration test.
>> But failed task doesn't mean that the component really has problems.
>> May I know what did we do in 0.8 release?

>>> is

>>> OSs.
>>> working
>>>
>>> Sorry guys - I was away for a while and still am catching up here. Evans,
>>> are
>>> you saying that there're issues that need to be fixed in the trunk and
>>> branch-1.0 as well? Or these are just CI related and do no require
>>> additional
>>> commits into the branch?
>>>
>>> The release criteria for us is pretty much what we define it to be ;) If we
>>> see 'good-enough' quality of the produced packages/tests/deployment
>>> mechanism
>>> - we can start the vote for the release any moment. Mind you - the packages
>>> aren't required for the release, as any ASF release is source code only.
>>> We do
>>> binaries as a extra service to our users.
>>>
>>> Cos

>>> can't
>>> backups

>>> on

>>> been
>>> more

>>> serving, I
>>> figure

>>> working
>>> are

Posted by na...@reactor8.com.
Maybe another thing we can add to post 1.0 and ongoing CI evolution is
documenting to some extent must have and nice to have tests for each
component, eventually having CI green/red have meaning interms of a
bundle/release of bigtop

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
Got it. I know where we are and where we can head for. Thanks for
answering. :)
2015年7月14日 上午9:29於 "Jay Vyas" <ja...@gmail.com>寫道:

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.