Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by fayan li <li...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/18 02:42:58 UTC

mulite language support for the name of the file been uploaded

Dear all

I meet some error while trying to upload files  which name contains chinese
charactors. Is it a bug  or i need some further config for the ftp server?

Environment of my server is as following.
server windows 2008(eng)
jdk 1.6
intel x64 cpu

Thanks in advance.

Ryan (li fayan)

Re: mulite language support for the name of the file been uploaded

Posted by David Latorre <dv...@gmail.com>.
Hello li fayan,

This issue has been discussed extensively before. Currently, as spec
mandates, you need to use an UTF-8 compatible client in order to use
chinese characters.
We should provide an alternative mechanism for 'broken' client that do
not support UTF-8 but meanwhile I use Filezilla and it works nicely.
BTW, commons-ftp in case you're using it, does support UTF-8