Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@schof.com> on 2004/09/23 00:08:52 UTC

Questions about contributing a CVS patch

I have submitted two patches for a bug (#31230).  Should I limit my conversations about the patch to the bugzilla commentary (which also makes it to the dev mailing list) or is appropriate to email the list as well?  Also, how will I know if and when the patch was accepted and run?

I'm going to update the bug entry with an explanation of what my patch is doing because I feel this is probably the most appropriate place.  Also, please note that the two patches I submitted address only 2 of the 3 classes using deprecated code, so the bug should remain open.

Thanks,
sean

Re: Questions about contributing a CVS patch

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com>.
It is certainly feasible to do either, but I think you're making the
right call on adding explanation about your patches in the bug report.
 Assume that committer who reviews a bug report will certainly read
the entire set of comments on that particular report; but it's less
likely that they will also scan the mailing lists for comments on that
bug.

Writing to the developer list, on the other hand, is perfect for
nagging us into paying attention to your bug report :-).

Craig