Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/20 03:16:18 UTC

remove svn_cache.h from public API

Hey all,

I'd like to suggest that we remove the svn_cache.h API from the public
set of headers. I really don't think that the cache stuff is relevant
or related to Subversion, and that we shouldn't be getting into that
area of defining APIs. I think it would be better if we simply keep
them as private/internal APIs for now. If somebody comes along and say
"holy crap. that's great stuff. make it public", then we could
consider it, but for now... let's not lock ourselves into an area
outside of our core.

Cheers,
-g

RE: remove svn_cache.h from public API

Posted by Bert Huijben <b....@competence.biz>.

+1 on this
And thanks for remembering before 1.6.

	Bert

Posted by David Glasser <gl...@davidglasser.net>.
+1

I think I had some reason to make it public at the time (perhaps an
early version of the code exposed svn_cache_t in some other public
API?) but there's no particular reason to do so now.

--dave

David Glasser | glasser@davidglasser.net | http://www.davidglasser.net/