Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Jacob Rosenthal <ja...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/24 14:45:18 UTC

Change to absolute package dependencies in core

TLDR
why not make all newt core packages dependencies absolute like
    - "@apache-mynewt-nimble/nimble/host/util"
instead of relative as they are now
    - nimble/host/util

Whenever I need to fork locally to my project I have to do all this
manually which is annoying and error prone, especially in BSPs. Is there
any reason newt core deps are relative right now?

Indeed, it would be valuable for the newt tool itself to promote forking,
as a major strength of newt is its dependency management. Something like
newt fork could just copy a dependency into your local directory structure.
But for now making manual forking easier would be nice.

Any arguments against?

Re: Change to absolute package dependencies in core

Posted by Alvaro Prieto <al...@verily.com>.
+1