Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Matthew Keller <ke...@potsdam.edu> on 1999/01/31 18:35:09 UTC

general/3803: Downloading Excel Files via Apache leads to corruption

>Number:         3803
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Downloading Excel Files via Apache leads to corruption
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I have reproduced this problem in 1.3.3 and 1.3.4 on Windows NT Server 4.0 SP3, SP4 and Windows 98.
Excel files that are downloaded via Apache, come down corrupted, and Excel chokes on opening them. MS Word, Access, Corel Wordperfect, Quattro Pro, and many other formats work fine.
This is a follow up and confirmation to PR#3368. I'll be trying this in Linux within the next couple days.
>How-To-Repeat:
Throw an Excel file into webspace, and try to download it.