Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Eddie Fung <ig...@netspace.net.au> on 2003/02/18 23:46:08 UTC

[users@httpd] Sessions Lost ?

Not sure if this is an Apache, Tomcat or Struts issue but here goes !

Has anyone experienced any problems with Sessions being lost between
actions ? We have a situation where we place an object into Session Context
and then forward to another Action (we are using Struts). We can clearly
see that the object is being put into the Session Context but when we
access the attribute at the other end it appears that the Session itself is
'gone' - in some cases the request.getRequestedSessionId() is null or if it
is not, the Session Creation Time is different to that of the session in
the previous action. In either case the attribute we stored and tried to
read is null..

We are using Apache and Tomcat and have mapped multiple domains within a
single Tomcat instance. Is this an issue ? We do not pass sessions across
multiple domains...

TIA

Eddie