Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Igor Tereschenko <th...@ya.ru> on 2013/06/24 21:20:41 UTC

Extending OOW mark-up

Hello everybody,

My name is Igor and I'm new to this mailing list as well as AOO project. I don't know if my question is correct in terms of AOO architecture but I want to find a way to extend OpenOffice Writer mark-up and parser/UI with custom XML nodes. Is this achievable with AOO plugin API or do I need to dive into code?

Any help/comments are appreciated,
Thanks!

Re: Extending OOW mark-up

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 3:20 PM, Igor Tereschenko
<th...@ya.ru> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> My name is Igor and I'm new to this mailing list as well as AOO project. I don't know if my question is correct in terms of AOO architecture but I want to find a way to extend OpenOffice Writer mark-up and parser/UI with custom XML nodes. Is this achievable with AOO plugin API or do I need to dive into code?

Hello Igor,

There is an extensibility mechanism defined in ODF 1.2 to add RDF/XML
or RDFa elements and attributes into specified locations in a
document.  But it is not a generic mechanism where you can add
arbitrary XML nodes.

You can read more about this support here:

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/OfficeDev/RDF_metadata

Regards,

-Rob