Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Mendes, Richard" <rm...@soe.sony.com> on 2008/04/05 01:40:23 UTC

admin.jsp java.lang.NoSuchFieldError

I have been testing our solr homes and applications with Solr 1.3 using
builds I do from the SVN trunk. All of our code runs fine with Solr 1.2.
I am running Solr under Tomcat 5.5.26 using JNDI.

When running with Solr 1.3, Tomcat comes up clean. However, if you hit
the admin index page, you get the following exception.

 Apr 4, 2008 12:03:10 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve
invoke

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: config

        at org.apache.jsp.admin.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:88)

I have the IBM developer works sample app running under the same Tomcat
instance with the war file I am building and the admin page for that
instance does not throw an exception. I have been able to reproduce the
behavior with nightly builds.

Any ideas on what I might check to resolve this?

Thanks.

-Rick

RE: admin.jsp java.lang.NoSuchFieldError

Posted by "Mendes, Richard" <rm...@soe.sony.com>.

> : SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
> :
> : java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: config
> :
> :         at
org.apache.jsp.admin.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:88)

> : I have the IBM developer works sample app running under the same
Tomcat
> : instance with the war file I am building and the admin page for that
> : instance does not throw an exception. I have been able to reproduce
the
> : behavior with nightly builds.
>
> : Any ideas on what I might check to resolve this?
>
> It looks like you are using JSPs from Solr 1.2 with compiled classes
from
> the nightly trunks ... double check that there aren't some old JSPs
lying
> arround in Tomcat's work directory (try clearing the war and all the
JSPs
> and make sure you get a 404 before adding the war back)
>

> -Hoss

You were absolutely correct. Clearing the stale class files from Solr
1.2 resolved the problem. Thanks for the help.