Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Marc Ende <ml...@e-beyond.de> on 2008/04/19 08:52:38 UTC

s2 in tomcats shared lib/

Hi,

a few years ago everyone told that's not good to have the sturts.jar's
in a shared location in a tomcat-instance.
What about now (struts 2)?
I'm asking because I've got several webapps which belongs together and
most of them are build using struts 2 and
spring. After assembling the war (directory or file) I've seen that the
huge size (between 12 to 17mb) of the webapps is
related to the number of deployed jars. So I'd like to clean up a little
and put some of the commonly used
jars in the ${catalina.home}/lib folder. What about the new s2-jar's? Do
I ran into trouble when I'm putting it into the
global lib-folder or do I get (not-wanted) side-effects from deploying
them into this location?

Thanks for your help!

Marc

Re: s2 in tomcats shared lib/

Posted by Marc Ende <ml...@e-beyond.de>.
Okay, that's not a problem. The webapps belong together and will be
built together in one run.
All of them have the same version of struts.

Thanks for your help.

Re: s2 in tomcats shared lib/

Posted by Gabriel Belingueres <be...@gmail.com>.