Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Manu Sikka <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2014/04/08 23:34:41 UTC

Allergy Indication

Hello,
I am running the ctakes GUI with the following text
Patient has asthmaAllergies : Penicillin
It does catch Asthma and Allergies as a disease and Penicillin as a medication
It does not however classify Penicillin as a allergic component
Under

  ontologyConceptArr = uima.cas.FSArray[1]

  medicationAllergy = <null>
and

  org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.textsem.MedicationAllergyModifier [0]   is Zero
Any help is appreciated?
ThanksManu

RE: Allergy Indication

Posted by "Savova, Guergana" <Gu...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hi Manu,

cTAKES does not have a module for allergy discovery. The annotation of this sentence will span "Penicillin" with a sematic type of a drug and attributes associated with a drug (aka drug signature).

Hope this helps.
--Guergana

Patient has asthmaAllergies : Penicillin I have also tried other sentences like - "Patient is allergic to Penicillin"
but it would not associate the Medication with an allergy Thanks

RE: Allergy Indication

Posted by Manu Sikka <ma...@hotmail.com>.
It was actually like this