Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mithu Tokder <mi...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/15 13:26:14 UTC

Stop solr instance

Hi,
I have one question regarding stopping Solr instance.
Solr is deployed in three machines(cluster deployment). I have configured
STOP.PORT and STOP.KEY in start script, accordingly configured STOP.PORT
and STOP.KEY in stop script.
There are three sets of start & stop script for each machine.

Now my question is that as the solr instances are running in three machines
so is it required to configure same value for STOP.PORT and STOP.KEY in
start and stop script of three machines or i can use separate value for
them.

*Configuration 1*
*Machine 1:*
STOP.PORT=8071
STOP.KEY=mysecret1

*Machine 2:*
STOP.PORT=8071
STOP.KEY=mysecret1

*Machine 3:*
STOP.PORT=8071
STOP.KEY=mysecret1

*Configuration 2*
*Machine 1:*
STOP.PORT=8071
STOP.KEY=mysecret1

*Machine 2:*
STOP.PORT=8072
STOP.KEY=mysecret2

*Machine 3:*
STOP.PORT=8073
STOP.KEY=mysecret3

Which configuration should i use?

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,
Mithu Tokder

Re: Stop solr instance

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I'd pick the one I was most comfortable with and just try it.

Best,
Erick

Re: Stop solr instance

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 5/15/2017 7:26 AM, Mithu Tokder wrote:
> Now my question is that as the solr instances are running in three
> machines so is it required to configure same value for STOP.PORT and
> STOP.KEY in start and stop script of three machines or i can use
> separate value for them.

The port and key can only be used via localhost, because that's the only
interface where the stop port listens.  Make them different if you want
to, or make them the same ... they can't be used outside each individual
server.

Thanks,
Shawn