Posted to users@unomi.apache.org by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com> on 2020/01/06 09:26:52 UTC

Re: Apache Unomi DB scalability

Hello Azmi,

I (personally) haven't tested with billions of events but we do have some
reasonably large installations (7 million profiles and 50 million events)
and Unomi works fine with those. There are a few things to watch out for in
terms of performance and scalability and they are mostly on the
ElasticSearch side of things, but then again ES is being used on some very
large datasets (think petabytes) in critical applications so there should
be ways to set it up to address large installs.

As for support for other storage systems, currently nothing is available
out of the box but it is possible to modify the current persistence service
which is pretty well separated with an SPI interface or to (more easily)
pull and push data in real-time using rules & actions.

Regards,
  Serge..

Serge Huber
CTO & Co-Founder
T +41 22 361 3424
9 route des Jeunes | 1227 Acacias | Switzerland
jahia.com <http://www.jahia.com/>
SKYPE | LINKEDIN <https://www.linkedin.com/in/sergehuber> | TWITTER
<https://twitter.com/sergehuber> | VCARD
<http://www.jahia.com/vcard/HuberSerge.vcf>

> JOIN OUR COMMUNITY <http://www.jahia.com/> to evaluate, get trained and
to discover why Jahia is a leading User Experience Platform (UXP) for
Digital Transformation.