Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Dan Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com> on 2016/03/07 21:26:31 UTC

Github integration?

Github integration can be requested using the Infrastructure service desk:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/servicedesk/customer/portal/1

I found some details on it here:

https://reference.apache.org/pmc/github

It's not clear to me if a separate request is needed to have the quarks incubator repo mirrored at github.

I see the quarks incubator web-site is mirrored at github, but that did have files in it, so maybe the code repo will automatically appear sometime soon now it has files.

Github integration would be requested using the service desk with these fields:

Project:  incubator-quarks
Enable/Disable:  Enable
Mailing List:  dev@quarks.incubator.apache.org   (developer list)
Github Integration - Triggers: ??????
Component/s: ????

Any idea if we need anything for the last two fields?

Thanks,
Dan.

Re: Github integration?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 12:26 PM, Dan Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com> wrote:

> Github integration can be requested using the Infrastructure service desk:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/servicedesk/customer/portal/1
>
> I found some details on it here:
>
> https://reference.apache.org/pmc/github
>
> It's not clear to me if a separate request is needed to have the quarks
> incubator repo mirrored at github.

You should not need to enable integration to have the repo mirrored

> I see the quarks incubator web-site is mirrored at github, but that did
> have files in it, so maybe the code repo will automatically appear sometime
> soon now it has files.
>

> Github integration would be requested using the service desk with these
> fields:
>
> Project:  incubator-quarks
> Enable/Disable:  Enable
> Mailing List:  dev@quarks.incubator.apache.org   (developer list)
> Github Integration - Triggers: ??????
> Component/s: ????
>

> Any idea if we need anything for the last two fields?
>
> Thanks,
> Dan.

AFAIK, the integration will enable notifications to be sent to an apache
mailing list, eg. when a pr is created, updated, comments, etc (all
workflow). If you want to enable that, I would recommend to use a different
list, as it might flood your dev list with things that might not be of
interest of users/some developers.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Github integration?

Posted by Katherine Marsden <km...@apache.org>.
On 3/9/2016 11:09 AM, Dan Debrunner wrote:
> Created issue:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/servicedesk/agent/INFRA/issue/INFRA-11417

If nobody objects, I will put in a similar request for the website tomorrow.

Kathey

Re: Github integration?

Posted by Dan Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.
Created issue:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/servicedesk/agent/INFRA/issue/INFRA-11417

Re: Github integration?

Posted by Kathy Saunders <os...@gmail.com>.

> If it's too much traffic for the dev list we can disable the integration,
> but I strongly feel that have the repo mirrored at github and the ability
> to easily create & handle pull requests will help increase community
> involvement due to ease of use.
>
> Thanks,Dan.

I have no useful input on the logistics of doing this, but my own opinion
is that getting a github setup to work would be very helpful, particularly
with documentation pull requests.

Kathy

Re: Github integration?

Posted by Dan Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.
Looking at Beam's request, the mirroring was setup as part of Github Integration request:
[INFRA-11177] Github Integration - ASF JIRA

|   |
|   |   |   |   |   |
| [INFRA-11177] Github Integration - ASF JIRAINFRA-11174 Beam Incubator resources creation Closed  |
|  |
| View on issues.apache.org | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

    On Tuesday, March 8, 2016 8:53 AM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

 I still don't see the repo mirrored in gitbuh, so we should create a jira for the mirroring part for sure.

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 8:50 AM, Dan Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com> wrote:

> On Monday, March 7, 2016 1:02 PM, Katherine Marsden <km...@apache.org> wrote:

>>  Github integration would be requested using the service desk with these
> fields:
>>
>>  Project:  incubator-quarks
>>  Enable/Disable:  Enable
>>  Mailing List:  dev@quarks.incubator.apache.org   (developer list)
>>  Github Integration - Triggers: ??????
>>  Component/s: ????

Doh, I'm dumb, the triggers section is a pull down!

I'm planning to request:

Re: Github integration?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Github integration?

Posted by Dan Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.

Re: Github integration?

Posted by Katherine Marsden <km...@apache.org>.
On 3/7/2016 12:26 PM, Dan Debrunner wrote:

> Github integration can be requested using the Infrastructure service desk:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/servicedesk/customer/portal/1
>
> I found some details on it here:
>
> https://reference.apache.org/pmc/github
>
> It's not clear to me if a separate request is needed to have the quarks incubator repo mirrored at github.
>
> I see the quarks incubator web-site is mirrored at github, but that did have files in it, so maybe the code repo will automatically appear sometime soon now it has files.
>

> Github integration would be requested using the service desk with these fields:
>
> Project:  incubator-quarks
> Enable/Disable:  Enable
> Mailing List:  dev@quarks.incubator.apache.org   (developer list)
> Github Integration - Triggers: ??????
> Component/s: ????
>

> Any idea if we need anything for the last two fields?
I don't know what triggers we want, but I looked at some of the Jira's
for other projects and see the available  triggers listed here:

I think component would be github.

Some github requests mention the Jira path e.g.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QUARKS but not totally clear how
that integration works.

Kathey