Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by 陶 京瑞 <ta...@hotmail.com> on 2004/03/30 17:14:32 UTC

getting started using slide

hi, all

I am a new slide user. I have installed = slide1.0.16=20 bundled with
Tomcat 4.0.1. After I startup the Slide(using the startup = command),=20 it

shows following in the command window:

Set domain for Slide host
Set domain = for Webdav=20 host
Set domain for Slide admin host
Starting Slide
Slide=20 started
Starting service Slide Tomcat
Apache = Tomcat/4.0.1
Starting=20 service Slide WebDAV
Apache Tomcat/4.0.1
Starting service Slide=20 Admin
Apache Tomcat/4.0.1

href=3D"http://localhost:8080/slide">http://localhost:8080/slide. = what's
the=20 problem?

Cheers.

Re: getting started using slide

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.
Stan Pinte <st...@axone.be> writes:

> Martin Holz wrote:
>
> >"Michael Oliver" <ol...@matrix-media.com> writes:
> >

> >>If it were me, I would write a "crawler" that walked the tree of your
> >>old slide and copied the contents to the new slide via the Client
> >>Library, so much has changed under the covers I wouldn't begin to know
> >>where to start.  This way your old slide works and the new slide works
> >>as is and you just have the "crawler" doing WebDAV gets and puts.
> >>

> >This would not work for  version data and live properties.
> >You could write a crawler, which uses the slide server API.
> >Such a tool is really missing in slide.
> >

> can't I write a tool that first queries all versions of the doc, then
> get them, and then reproduce the version tree on the target DAV server?

Probably you could. But I think you would loose the date information
and the author information too.
Knowing who changed what when might be very important in
some scenarios.

Martin

RE: getting started using slide

Posted by Michael Oliver <ol...@matrix-media.com>.
Yes that's the approach and since it is your data you would be able to
tailor the tool to your properties as well.

Michael Oliver
CTO
Matrix Intermedia Inc
7391 S. Bullrider Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85747
Phone +1 (520) 574-1150
Fax +1 (520) 844-1036
ICQ#: 318986322

Current ICQ status:
*  More ways to contact me

>>If it were me, I would write a "crawler" that walked the tree of your
>>old slide and copied the contents to the new slide via the Client
>>Library, so much has changed under the covers I wouldn't begin to know
>>where to start.  This way your old slide works and the new slide works
>>as is and you just have the "crawler" doing WebDAV gets and puts.
>>

>This would not work for  version data and live properties.
>You could write a crawler, which uses the slide server API.
>Such a tool is really missing in slide.

can't I write a tool that first queries all versions of the doc, then
get them, and then reproduce the version tree on the target DAV server?

Stan.

Posted by Stan Pinte <st...@axone.be>.

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.

Posted by Stan Pinte <st...@axone.be>.
>No tool to migrate from JDBCDescriptorStore to TxXMLFileDescriptorsStore.
>I planed to write one but never found the spare time :-(
>
>I used the same setup and migrated to JDBCStore/OldJDBCAdapter
>+ TxXMLFileDescriptorsStore. Much more reliable than the old stuff.
>
>You would probably have to overwrite the createException(SQLException e, Uri uri)
>method for your database and slightly modify your schema. And please
>do some tests before migrating your data.
>
>AFAIK there is no conversion necessary for TxFileContentStore
>except creating a work directory.

and can't slide recreate the missing descriptors, in an empty descriptor DB?

thanks a lot,

Stan.

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.

Posted by Stan Pinte <st...@axone.be>.
Michael Oliver wrote:

>If it were me, I would write a "crawler" that walked the tree of your
>old slide and copied the contents to the new slide via the Client
>Library, so much has changed under the covers I wouldn't begin to know
>where to start.  This way your old slide works and the new slide works
>as is and you just have the "crawler" doing WebDAV gets and puts.

I'll do this, thanks!!

Stan.

Posted by Stan Pinte <st...@axone.be>.