Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Harald Entner <Ha...@workflow.at> on 2008/09/24 16:49:51 UTC

Problem with Springs AnnotationSessionFactoryBean

Hello,

i'm facing a problem when using cocoon 2.2, the rcl plugin and
AnnotationSessionFactoryBean. (spring)

we have the following infrastructure (simple view):

-> core
-> a list of seperate projects. (blocks)

The tables that belong to annotated classes placed in the core are
generated when running the core itself, but are not generated for
annotated classes placed in one of the seperate projects. (The problem
only occurs when one of these  blocks starts up seperately (using the rcl
plugin).

We have only one Servlet-service, so

# at.workflow.webdesk.webdesk-core.service%classes-dir=./target/classes

in the rcl.properties is outcommented. (obviously not for the core). So we
had to add the target/classes directory to the classpath of the
run:jetty:run plugin.

Jetty itself starts up fine and after adding the classes directory of the
target dir to the classpath of the run-jetty-run plugin, the classes (of
the seperate project) are found and passed to the
AnnotationSessionFactoryBean. (but the tables are not generated - which is
strange somehow)

When the jar is deployed to a webserver everything works fine again, but
the possibility to run a block on its own is a great benefit that we don't
want to miss.

Has anybody experience in this area? Or had eventually the same problem?

regards,

Harald

Re: Problem with Springs AnnotationSessionFactoryBean

Posted by Harald Entner <Ha...@workflow.at>.
Hello,

i answer myself, eventually someone will search the list for a similar
problem. I didn't found a solution to start a block seperately and include
annotations  when no Servlet-Service is defined. Although, it's possible
to define a webapp, that includes the necessary artifacts. (similar to the
webapp in the cocoon distribution) and then startup within the src or
target directory. Then everything works fine again.

It's definitely a problem of the rcl-plugin, so the subject of the mail
was not choosen wisely.

cheers,

harald