Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org> on 2003/12/10 04:40:55 UTC

maven-project and embedding

Gilles,

You might want to take a look at the maven-project component now as it's
what I would like to use as the basis of a little Maven IDE and I know
you're working on Mevenide.

What I'm particularly interested in are your thoughts on changes that
might happen to the project while the project is being manipulated by
the IDE (or any other project using maven-project that might change the
project itself).

Currently there are a set of methods that are not being tested because
I'm not exactly what the best way to handle changes being pushed back
into the project. An important distinction to note now in the components
is that the model and the project, which is built from the model, are
now separate.

It may very well be that the only thing the that will be changed is the
model itself, but I'm not sure. I'm just wondering what your use cases
have been. I'm also interested because I would like to pick a path so I
can incorporate those into maven-project and knock off the remaining 30%
to be covered.

I will take a look at Mevenide but if you can look at the new components
to provide any feedback that would be great. I think you'll find these
are a lot cleaner for embedding and full recursive inheritance now
appears to be working from the tests that are currrently there.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com