Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Inge Solvoll <ta...@ingenett.com> on 2005/11/09 10:48:40 UTC

Re: Delibrately Provacative Question: Why Upgrade to 4.0?

My biggest reason for not upgrading so far, is that the things I depend
upon, like Spindle and third party components like tacos, t-deli and
others, are not yet stable on T4. I want to make absolutely sure they
are fully reliable before I upgrade.

I expect the upgrade to be moderately expensive, both in upgrading code
and in learning about hivemind and the new practices in Tapestry. I
expect the biggest concern of these two to be the learning curve.

Inge

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Yes maybe. I'm not sure if there are enough bugs being posted to
warrent a jira database yet...Please do post them in the wiki bug area
if you can. It's not very nice to talk about bugs without sharing ;)

I have no idea. I'm pretty sure ajax stuff is going to get worked on
in 4.1 of tapestry. Whether that includes anything from tacos or not
remains to be seen. As for the components, it's all part of the big
vision right? Everyone creating them that is :) Duplication ~is~ bad,
but in this case I think it's almost good that tacos wallows in misery
alone for a while so that when tap is ready for it most of the hard
work has been figured out already.

Posted by Leonardo Quijano Vincenzi <le...@dtqsoftware.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
While tacos4 may still be undergoing lots of heavy development, it has
enough debugging features and exception cases being handled that I'd
be very hard pressed to want to use anything else...It's incredibly
easy and intuitive to debug the library now...Even without any firefox
plugins...

my 2 cents

jesse