Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Jennifer <jw...@cleansparkinc.com> on 2014/01/23 07:08:11 UTC

Active MQ Security with Camel Blueprint

I am trying to use ActiveMQ inside of ServiceMix with Camel Blueprint, and
I've run out of ideas to get this started.  I see a lot of snippits of
things out there, but it's very hard to piece them together to make a full
solution.  Eventually I'd like to get to the point where I'm using the LDAP
Authentication Using the JAAS Plugin option, but I'll take the Simple
Authentication Plugin for now.  It says to put the XML into my activemq.xml
file, but there isn't one of those under my ServiceMix home directory.  I
have a activemx-broker.xml file -- is that the same thing?

Here's the plugin I speak of:
<simpleAuthenticationPlugin>
    <users>
        <authenticationUser username="system" password="manager"
            groups="users,admins"/>
        <authenticationUser username="user" password="password"
            groups="users"/>
        <authenticationUser username="guest" password="password"
groups="guests"/>
    </users>
</simpleAuthenticationPlugin>

OK, once that plug in is in place, the blueprint file will need the
additional information. Is it enough (with the simple plugin) to add the
username and password to the end of the destination, or do I need to create
a bean to hold all that information?

<camelContext trace="true" id="WeatherData_AMQ"
xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/blueprint">

    <route id="OpenWeatherToActiveMQ">
        <description>Puts some bogus data on a queue</description>
        <from id="timer"
uri="quartz://OpenWeather/weatherDataTimer?cron=0+0/1+*+*+*+?"/>
        <to id="OpenWeatherAppQuery"
uri="http:api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/weather?q=San Diego,CA"/>
        <setHeader headerName="city">
            <simple>San Diego</simple>
        </setHeader>
        <to id="ToActiveMQ"
uri="activemq:topic:weather?username=system&amp;password=manager" />
</camelContext>

If anyone has an example with all the pieces in it, I would love to see it!

Thanks!
Jennifer