Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Brian Hulette <bh...@google.com> on 2020/03/20 17:13:27 UTC

java_mobile_gaming_topic deleted (and re-created)

Hi all,
I was going through and cleaning up old topics in the apache-beam-testing
project now that the source of most of the leaked topics has been addressed
(see [1] for details). I tried to filter out and delete just topics that
are clearly generated for a single-use in tests, but I got a little
trigger-happy and I also deleted `java_mobile_gaming_topic`.

Based on the lack of any UUID in the name, and the way it's referenced in
the direct runner and dataflow runner build.gradle files, it looks like
`java_mobile_gaming_topic` is supposed to be persistent. I went ahead and
re-created it, but I wanted to reach out to dev@ as an FYI in case there
are any short-term or long-term effects of this blip.

Brian

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-9319