Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dmitry S <sk...@kazna.ru> on 2008/03/20 06:47:38 UTC

Client side validation and IE

Hi,
I tried T5 (5.0.11) client side validation in Internet Explorer, and it
seems that it not works in IE6 (I see POST in jetty log) and IE7 brings up
an ugly Error popup window "Object does not support property or method"

Re: Client side validation and IE

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org>.
I tried: http://www.kronenberg.org/ies4osx/
last night with some mixed results (IE7 and 5.5 didn't really work...
kept coming up as IE6 for whatever reason).
IE6 worked well, though, and I was able to use it to track down an
issue a user was complaining about on a particular site.
Requires DarWine, but the same site has a nice (and current) .dmg of
DarWine.

Robert

Posted by samlai <sy...@gmail.com>.
Hey guys,

I think I found an easy solution for IE7.  Just put the following line on
top of the HTML you spit out.

Re: Client side validation and IE

Posted by Francois Armand <fa...@linagora.com>.
kranga wrote:
> T5 uses Prototype and Scriptaculous for client side validation/ajax
> stuff. Our experience with Prototype and Scriptaculous has not been
> that great, especially when it comes to upgrading versions. Is there
> any way to disable the use of those libraries and/or the use of a
> different library (JQuery?)?
>
> It seems like a very invasive decision for T5 to force the use of a
> javascript UI library and also perform client side validation using a
> specific UI paradigm.

Perhaps can you vote for the mathcing issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-2179 ("Javascript Adapter
Architecture") ?

--
Francois Armand
Etudes & Développements J2EE

Re: Client side validation and IE

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Hm. It worked last time I checked.  I have trouble checking the IE
stuff since I work on a Mac.  It involves me firing up a virtual
machine, etc.

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 10:47 PM, Dmitry S <sk...@kazna.ru> wrote:

>  Hi,
>  I tried T5 (5.0.11) client side validation in Internet Explorer, and it
>  seems that it not works in IE6 (I see POST in jetty log) and IE7 brings up
>  an ugly Error popup window "Object does not support property or method"
>
>  --

Howard M. Lewis Ship