Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> on 2016/10/29 11:40:09 UTC

Assembly plugin release

Hi
I'd like to release maven assembly plugin.
Any issues with that?

Cheers
--
Olivier Lamy

Re: Assembly plugin release

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 29 Oct 2016 14:00:21 +0200, Karl Heinz Marbaise
<kh...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 29/10/16 13:48, Robert Scholte wrote:
>> I'd like that too, but yes there's an issue :( 2 snapshot dependencies:
>>
>> Maven Common Artifact Filters version 3.0.1 (vote running)
>> Maven Artifact Transfer
>>
>> The latter is blocking quite some other plugins, but it is still not
>> good enough.
>
> All plugins which are using it are working fine. For a first iteration
> that looks good to me...
>
>> Anyhow, if we do a milestone release we theoretically are allowed to
>> break interfaces, which will happen.
>

>> The new *.project.*package contains some things I'm not happy with right
>> now.
>
> I have introduced that and I have asked for improvements...and yes there
> are some improvements/changes possible/useful...Apart from that why not
> raised your hand and explained what you like to change?

I noticed it this week when starting the jigsaw builds on the ASF build
servers. And of course I planned to work on this too, but having 3
conferences + talks in the next 3 weeks means I have to focus on something
else right now :)

Robert

Re: Assembly plugin release

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

Re: Assembly plugin release

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Re: Assembly plugin release

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Yes I saw that
If you are happy to releasing maven-artifact-transfer go it otherwise I can
take care of that and release this artifact in the same time as the plugin

Let me know
Thanks
Olivier

On Saturday, 29 October 2016, Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Olivier,
>
> maven-artifact-transfer shared component must be released first...
>
> cause at the moment many plugins (maven-install-plugin,
> maven-deploy-plugin ) depending on it...
>
> But I think maven-artifact-transfer component should be released to go
> forward with the rest of the plugins...
>
> I can take care of maven-artifact-transfer ?
>
> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz
>
> On 29/10/16 13:40, Olivier Lamy wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> I'd like to release maven assembly plugin.
>> Any issues with that?
>>
>> Cheers

Olivier Lamy

Re: Assembly plugin release