Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jonas Thurfors <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/04 14:49:30 UTC

Generate DDL with Maven2, Spring2 and Hibernate3

I want to generate a DDL using Maven2, Spring2 and Hibernate3.

I would like to use the maven-hibernate3-plugin with the goal
hibernate3:hbm2ddl, but I don't use the hibernate.cfg.xml file,
instead I'm configuring Hibernate with Spring's
LocalSessionFactoryBean. How do I get the hibernate3 plugin to use my
configuration?

Kind Regards,
Jonas

Re: Generate DDL with Maven2, Spring2 and Hibernate3

Posted by animedj <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello sufyan

All depends on what is getting loaded. If it is annotated classes, yes, you
need a hibernate.cfg.xml

If it is hbm.xml and it's part of your current classpath, the plugin can
automatically loaded without the need to specify what classes.

Also you can define the datasource settings in the database.properties file
as specified here:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/maven-hibernate3/hibernate3-maven-plugin/componentproperties.html

Regards

Johann reyes