Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jim Boone <jm...@telocity.com> on 2002/02/09 04:29:43 UTC

I can't stand the "UnsatisfiedLinkErrors" anymore with Tomcat 4.0.1!

Hi All,

After more that a week of messing with it, I'm convinced there is no way to call native methods within Tomcat. I have read the class loader INFO file 100 times, searched and read the list serve archives for hours, followed all the suggestions found within those messages, and still I receive "UnsatisfiedLinkErrors" whenever I attempt to run native methods.

Facts:

* I can execute the methods with no problems when run from the command line, but I get "UnsatisfiedLinkErrors" running under Tomcat 4.0.1. Hummm...

Questions:

* Can the class loader used to load the classes in the web app load native libraries with System.loadLibrary? Some list serve messages say no, others suggest yes.
* Do I really need to load my class with the native methods in the "Common" class loader?  If so, how? None of the methods I have tried work.
* Basically, how do I need to sweet talk Tomcat to make it execute my native methods?

I'm really frustrated and desperate!  If anyone has made this work, please share your wisdom. I am a big fan of open source, but the troubles I am having really make me wish I could call tech support at some software company!  Any suggestions are welcome.  Thanks..

Cheers,

Jim Boone